[rt-users] Migration Prep

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Wed Jul 31 11:48:05 EDT 2013

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 03:17:11PM -0700, Paul O'Rorke wrote:
>    I am assuming that I can't just UPDATE the passwords in MySQL because of the hashing?  I tried
>    without success:
>
>      mysql> UPDATE rtdb.Users SET Password=PASSWORD('xxxx') WHERE Name='jamie';
>      Query OK, 1 row affected, 1 warning (0.01 sec)
>      Rows matched: 1  Changed: 1  Warnings: 1

The jamie user will definitely not be able to log in after this.
That puts a MySQL password hash into RT, which is *not* expecting
that.

>    I guess I have missed something in these upgrade README files.  I do appreciate your help.
>    Now that I've the Apache thing sorted I'm feeling like on the home stretch - if only I can
>    sort these passwords out.  Is there another related script I missed perhaps?

You can safely use the techniques here.  RT should update the md5 one
for you and if you change rt3 for rt4 in the perl code, it will
generate a proper password the first time out.

http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/RecoverRootPassword

However, this does bring up a question.  Show us
show create table Users;

-kevin