[rt-users] Using RTIR - How to send notices to clients who do not respond to Investigations

Landon landonstewart at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 20:43:54 EDT 2013

Hello,

I'd post this to the RTIR mailing list but it's extremely low volume and
I've never had a reply from there before.

In a nutshell I've been trying to figure this out but I can't figure out
how to get Correspond() to *not* update the LastUpdated field on a ticket.
 The only real example of this function I can find is in
RecordCorrespondence.pm which I am actually using.  I've actually copied it
to a new .pm and added SquelchMailTo() line to it so messages aren't CC'd
to root when using rt-crontool.

I've had absolutely no luck trying to figure out how to use
Action/SendEmail.pm but I want the correspondence to be in the ticket
anyway and preferably use templates too so that's no big deal.

What I'm afraid of is that I'm using the wrong method to skin this cat.  Is
there a better way to look at this or contribution already available for
notifying Correspondents that they haven't updated a ticket?  I'd like to
send two or three warnings before the ticket is flagged for us to consider
suspension of the client for not responding.

Thanks for reading!

--
Landon Stewart <LandonStewart at Gmail.com>