[rt-users] Customize messagebox default reply (due to ugly $WebExternalAuth / SAML / Userid)

Marit Hoen marit.hoen at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 27 10:01:25 EDT 2013

Hi,

We are using Request Tracker 4.07 with an external SAML authentication solution. As a result, our user's unique username is replaced by something inhuman like 131145345 at sub.something.com.

When a user updates a ticket (e.g. reply) the default messagebox shows something like:

Since a user is not really familiar with "1311345 at sub.something.com" (this is a identifier from our SAML solution, not known by users) I would rather have something like the users e-mail address, not the username, e.g.:

On Wed Mar 27 10:17:17 2013, john.doe at something.com wrote:
> body text

How can I customize this (or something similar) the proper way, without "hacking" Request Trackers code (and run into problems when upgrading)?

Help is much appreciated, best regards,

Marit