[rt-users] apache can't locate Symbol/Global/Name.pm

Nick Price np121 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 2 15:55:48 EDT 2013

Hi

First off I am NOT a programmer and a newbie to perl

I was trying to upgrade RT from 4.0.17 to 4.2.0 on fedora 18

I ran testdeps and got "All dependencies found"

Installed it ok and upgraded the database

When I start apache I get "Can't locate  Symbol/Global/Name.pm in @INC

Mod_perl was installed with yum when I first installed RT 4.0.15  update to
4.0.17 went ok everything worked

I did install Symbol:Global:Name with cpan   version 0.04

Yum install perl-Symbol-Global-Name  gives no package available

Mod_perl version 2.0.7

Everything I google comes back to Ruslan Zakirov at best practical.

His readme tells me what it does but nothing on how to install it so apache
can see it

Any help with fixing this please.

Simple instructions for a non programmer please

Many thanks in advance