[rt-users] RT loses MySQL connection

Jay Christopherson jc.listmail at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 13:05:19 EST 2013

Hey Ken-

Yep, I get that.  I don't believe you can disable the wait_timeout entirely
- by default, it's set to 8 hours, which is what I currently have.  RT
works great - for 8 hours.  Just to be sane, I replaced my.cnf with the
default my.cnf that gets built with a vanilla install of MySQL.  Same issue.

Clearly though, I have something going on that is not-normal because if
this were a real bug, lots of people would be reporting it and it's never
been an issue for me before.  I'm going to start over with a clean build
and try again.

- Jay