[rt-users] Problem with groups and "Couldn't load the specified principal"

Jaye Mathisen mrcpu at lilpantry.com
Sat Sep 21 19:35:07 EDT 2013

Used to use RT extensively up until 2004, then got away from it for a
few years.

So now we need a ticket system, and I fire up RT 4.0.17.

Queues are working, mail working, website working, but for some reason,
I'm having a problem with Groups.

If I go to "Modify global group rights", and type in a new group name
down in the add group box, I get:

  * Couldn't load the specified principal

If I got to tools and try to create a user-defined group,  call it
"TEMP", I get "Group created", and i can add a member to it, which
succeeds, but I can't see them in group rights, or do anything useful.

I don't remember seeing any issues in the original install, and it
wasn't an upgrade of any kind.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

--
Jaye Mathisen, Lil Pantry