[rt-users] apache segfaults with 4.2

Marko Cupać marko.cupac at mimar.rs
Fri Feb 7 11:13:28 EST 2014

On Fri, 20 Dec 2013 10:30:49 -0500
Kevin Falcone <falcone at bestpractical.com> wrote:

Hi Kevin,
sorry for my late reply, I finally found the time to troubleshoot this.

> Try commenting out the SSL settings and see if Apache will start up
> with RT but without SSL.
Unfortunately I do not have the luxury of doing so. This server holds a
bunch of Active Directory integrated web services, I wouldn't want to
have passwords transported over plain http.

> Alternatively, this is almost certainly some sort of shared library
> conflict and you can work around it by running RT with fastcgi instead
> of mod_perl.
I switched to fastcgi, and I do not have any more segfaults in apache.

If someone is interested in investigation of possible shared library
conflict I would be glad to follow instruction.

Regards,
--
Marko Cupać