[rt-users] Fedora 20 / Perl 5.18

Alex Vandiver alexmv at bestpractical.com
Wed Feb 19 19:36:09 EST 2014

On Wed, 2014-02-19 at 15:38 -0800, CLOSE Dave wrote:
> Now that I have RT running enough to get a login page, I can't get /any/
> login to work, not even root. The Apache log reports, "Unknown password
> form (/usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/RT/User_Overlay.pm:1094)", and the RT
> log is still empty.
>
> Users and passwords are stored in MySQL (actually MariaDB). Checking
> that from the command line shows that all the data is still there.

RT 4.2.1 doesn't have a User_Overlay.pm -- we stopped shipping _Overlay
files in RT 4.0.  Its existence is a sign of a local customization, or
an upgrade from RT 3.8 or earlier which missed the instructions at the
top of UPGRADING-4.0.

It's also extremely odd that that file is not in /opt/rt4, and is in
vendor_perl.  Did you install an RPM of RT 3.8 at some prior point?
 - Alex