[rt-users] RT Database pruning before moving to new server

Lists lists at lolling.org
Wed Jun 4 20:21:19 EDT 2014

Hi,

I am new to the RT lists as well as new to the administration of the RT
product.  My company has used RT for many years but was maintained by
another admin.

I have been asked to upgrade our RT system from version 3.8.1 running on
CentOS 5.9 to version 4.2.4 running on CentOS 6.5.

Our current RT3 database is over 18 gigs and I was told that our admins
have never pruned or purged any of the old data.  Are there any
utilities or scripts in RT that I can use to purge old data cleanly or
is all of that done directly through the database, ie mysql in my case?

Thanks,

Dave