[rt-users] [rt-announce] RT 4.2.5 released (was: RT 4.2.4 released)

Gerald Vogt vogt at spamcop.net
Fri Jun 13 01:37:30 EDT 2014

I have tried the upgrade from 4.2.3 to 4.2.5. Still the same problem:
The "RT at a glance" page starts up with an empty body. I see the menus
and the bar with the title and the new ticket button. Nothing else below
that.

I have narrowed down the problem to /share/html/Elements/MyRT.

If I replace the file after the upgrade with the file from 4.2.3, clear
the mason cache and restart the server it all is back to normal. Thus, I
would say the problem lies somewhere in these changes:

$ diff rt-4.2.{3,5}/share/html/Elements/MyRT
69c69
< $Portlets ||= $session{'my_rt_portlets'};
---
> $Portlets ||= $user->Preferences('HomepageSettings');
71,74c71,72
<     my ($default_portlets) =
RT::System->new($session{'CurrentUser'})->Attributes->Named('HomepageSettings');
<     $Portlets = $session{'my_rt_portlets'} = $user->Preferences(
<         HomepageSettings => $default_portlets?
$default_portlets->Content: {},
<     );
---
>     my ($defaults) =
RT::System->new($session{'CurrentUser'})->Attributes->Named('HomepageSettings');
>     $Portlets = $defaults ? $defaults->Content : {};

-Gerald