[rt-users] rt-crontool escalation

Chris Herrmann chrisherrmann7 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 01:13:48 EST 2015

Hi all,

I almost have rt-crontool escalation doing what I want, using the following
command:

rt-crontool --search RT::Search::FromSQL --search-arg 'Status = "open" or
Status = "new"' --action RT::Action::EscalatePriority --verbose --log info

I've used this rather than:

--search RT::Search::ActiveTicketsInQueue  --search-arg general

because you then need to pass in every single queue that you want it to
iterate over (in my case every queue).

Anyway - the escalation part is working - it's correctly increasing the
priority by the desired amounts. But... an unintended (but logical) side
effect of this is that when you look at a list of new / open tickets, the
"Last Updated" and "Last Updated By" are now of course the last time that
the escalation script was run, and the rtuser configured to run it.

The problem with this, is that it obscures what we actually want to see in
these lists - which is "when did a human being last touch this ticket, and
who was it?".

So... is there either a way to modify the search results so that it shows
this, OR is there a way to modify rt-crontool so that it doesn't impact
these specific values for standard searches / ticket lists etc?

Thankyou!

Chris