[rt-users] Automatically Deleting Ticket Attachments Matching Name

Zoey Schutt zoey at braincoral.io
Tue Jul 28 08:52:51 EDT 2015

Hello,

RT Instance Info:

Debian GNU/Linux 7 (wheezy)

Apache/2.2.22 (Debian)

Request Tracker 4.2.11

OpenSSL 1.0.1e 11 Feb 2013

perl 5, version 14, subversion 2 (v5.14.2) built for
x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi

  _____

I have been searching for a way to do this, but I haven't been able to find
a good way to get this working. I'm trying to figure out a way to get
Request Tracker to automatically delete ticket attachments with a specific
name, in this case "smime.p7s". Essentially all outgoing emails in my
Request Tracker instance are signed, and every email Request Tracker sends
attaches a "smime.p7s" file to the ticket. I just need a way to get these
attachments deleted automatically, as they are not needed.

I've attached a screenshot of the attachments pane of a ticket that's been
worked on for a few days as an example.

I was thinking a cron job running rt-shredder might work, but I can't figure
out a way to delete attachments by name, only via transaction ID.

Any assistance would be appreciated!

Regards,

Zoey Schutt