[rt-users] rt-server.fcgi hangs

Jim Brandt jbrandt at bestpractical.com
Tue Feb 2 13:27:07 EST 2016

The Fast CGI modules can be picky about permissions. To troubleshoot,
you might start with adding the --with-web-user and --with-web-group
options to your ./configure command to set them to the user/group for
your version of Linux (or FreeBSD). Some systems use 'apache' some have
another user/group.

In addition, the generated Makefile has a 'make fixperms' target that
will reset permissions on your RT directories to what it thinks they
should be.

Sometimes getting the user/group and permissions correct can make
FastCGI happy.