[rt-users] rt-server.fcgi hangs

Bill Cole rtusers-20090205 at billmail.scconsult.com
Tue Feb 2 13:31:42 EST 2016

On 2 Feb 2016, at 11:22, Joseph Mays wrote:

>>> Here’s what I get in the logs when try to pull an info.php from
>>> the website....
>
>> Why would you think that is a reasonable thing to do?  I would hope
>> that would NOT work on any normal RT installation.
>
> I don't know why I wrote that, it was a year ago, but I think I just
> put in info.php as a brain misfire or something.

No need to beat a dead horse, but your Apache log lines showed a request
for /info.php and  a fcgi timeout 300s later, so it wasn't entirely
random.

> Certainly info.php was not installed on the site. Regardless, it was
> trying to start the rt-server, as it is now under a completely new
> freebsd, apache and rt installation (when I assure you I am still not
> trying to pull info.php) and the error is the same.

And my advice is as given: crank up Apache error logging and RT's
built-in logging and check what is logged. There should be more info
available than just the timeout. The fact of a timeout says for sure
that the rt-server.fcgi script was launched and did *something*.