[rt-users] problem with search builder after upgrade 3.8.4 to 4.2.12

Flynn, Timothy timothy-flynn at uiowa.edu
Fri Feb 12 13:59:34 EST 2016

I'm running the following:

RT 4.2.12
Fast CGI
Apache/2.2.12 (Linux/SUSE)
3.0.101-0.47.71-ppc64 #1 SMP

I recently upgraded from 3.8.4 to 4.2.12 RT and everything seems great except I noticed that creating a new search causes an error for me in most cases:

"The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there was an error in a CGI script"

I recall talk on the listserve about certain global permissions causing issues with searches but I'm not finding it.  Can someone point me in the right direction for which rights to look out for or are there settings I can adjust to give the system more resources for the search?  The builder did not encounter this error in 3.8.4.

Thank you,
Tim