[rt-users] API - Forward/Vb externally

Parish, Brent bparish at cognex.com
Tue May 10 08:55:46 EDT 2016

I hope I'm not oversimplifying and missing something here, but this seems to me like it is built into RT.

I'd think the best way would be to have the auto notifications turned on for the CRM queue.  Even if the Requestor of the ticket has an external email address, RT should send that user an email telling them they have a new ticket.

In reading your initial email, it sounds like you might have a queue that sometimes CRM tickets go into (with an external Requestor), but not all tickets in that queue should get auto-replies?
If that is true, maybe you can use a scrip something like this:
Condition:  User Defined
Action:  Notify Requestors
Template:  Autoreply in HTML
Applies to:  CRM Queue
add a Custom Condition something like this (completely untested!):
#  AUTO-NOTIFY REQUESTOR ONLY IF THEY HAVE EXTERNAL ADDRESS
#  (e.g. TICKET IS CREATED BY CRM)

#  BAIL OUT IF THIS IS NOT AN "On Create" ACTION:
return 0 unless $self->TransactionObj->Type eq "Create";

my $Ticket = $self->TicketObj;
my $Requestors = lc($self->TicketObj->RequestorAddresses);
$RT::Logger->debug("Requestors for ticket #:" . $Ticket->id . " are: $Requestors");

foreach my $Person (split(',', $Requestors)) {
    return 1 if ( $Person  !~ m/@example\.com/i<mailto:m/@example\.com/i> );
}

#  NO ONE WITH AN EXTERNAL ADDRESS (e.g. NOT "example.com"), SO
#  DON'T SEND AUTO-REPLY
return 0;

Alternatively, you could use a custom field (containing external email address) that is only populated if it was created from CRM, and make a scrip that fires on that condition (e.g. email address is present in that field), sending a notification to that address, but then you would may end up designing all sorts of triggers and conditions to handle other built-in RT functionality for external requestors?

-          Brent