[rt-users] [phish?] Re: Identifying database credentials in use during upgrade?

Matt Zagrabelny mzagrabe at d.umn.edu
Mon Oct 24 08:16:42 EDT 2016

On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 7:09 AM, Alex Hall <ahall at autodist.com> wrote:
> Hello list,
> As I mentioned, the upgrade on my test server from 4.2.8 to 4.4.1 went well.
> On the production server, though, it's not; the upgrade-database script is
> failing when it tries to connect to the database. I've been in MySQL messing
> around with user permissions, trying to get things to work, but to no avail.
>
> How can I know exactly what username/password the script is using? It says
> in the error that the user is 'rt_user', yet in /opt/rt4/RT_Config.pm the
> configuration comment says it should be 'rtuser' (note the lack of an
> underscore).

Okay.

 It may be important to say that this line remains unchanged no
> matter how often I re-run ./configure with new options. On a related note, I
> have no idea what password is in use since it won't take my configuration
> command.

Your password should be in either RT_SiteConfig.pm or in a config
snippet in RT_SiteConfig.d/.

> I'm not sure what to try next. Do I erase RT_Config.pm and re-run
> ./configure?

Perhaps.

RT_Config.pm has all the *default* values shipped from upstream.

RT_Config.pm should never be edited by the administrator (you.)

There is RT_SiteConfig.pm and RT_SiteConfig.d for the admin to
override defaults.

-m