[rt-users] [phish?] Re: Identifying database credentials in use during upgrade?

Alex Hall ahall at autodist.com
Mon Oct 24 08:49:25 EDT 2016

Oh, so the same rules apply for configuration as normal. Good, I thought an
upgrade was a different case.

The database upgraded successfully, but now I'm having a similar problem.
When I spawn the FCGI server, it exits immediately, because 'rt_user' can't
log into MySQL. The problem is that /opt/rt4/RT_SiteConfig.d/
51-dbconfig-common.pm' lists the user as 'rtuser', not 'rt_user'. I'm again
in the position of not knowing where the username and password are coming
from. You've said before that simply starting RT is enough to get the
config files to be used, but I've restarted both the FCGI server and Nginx
and that username won't change. I have a user in the database called
rt_user as well, but again, I don't know what password RT is trying to use.
I've looked in SiteConfig.pm, but no DB credentials are defined there.

--
Alex Hall
Automatic Distributors, IT department
ahall at autodist.com