[Rtir] question about RTIR usage model

O'Shaughnessy Evans shaug-rtir at wumpus.org
Fri Jun 4 17:24:05 EDT 2004

Hello, all.  I'm pretty new to RT and RTIR, and I'm wondering about the
paradigm for using RTIR.  My "incidents response" group is only 2 people
at the moment, and perhaps it will be one or two more in the foreseeable
future.  After using RTIR for about a month, I'm wondering if perhaps
it's overkill for my situation.  It has occurred to me, though, that I
simply may not be using it the way it was intended to be used.

So I'd like to ask if someone would mind going into a bit of detail about
the best way to make full use of RTIR.  I've read through the brief
explanation at http://www.bestpractical.com/rtir/comparison.html, but I
haven't been able to find anything else that says "this is the best way
to use RTIR."  The Wiki doesn't offer anything, either.  In particular,
at this point I'm wondering what the value is in having separate Incident
Reports and Incidents queues, and whether having the 2 separate is just
overcomplicating my simple needs for an incident tracker.

Thanks.

--
= o'shaughnessy evans =              = sys admin @ (aloha|kona|myworld).net =