[Rtir] Queues - There is no mapping for statuses between these queues.

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Wed Sep 4 23:30:11 EDT 2013

On Wed, Sep 04, 2013 at 04:07:10PM -0700, Landon Stewart wrote:
>    You must set up the '__maps__' section of the %Lifecycles variable in your RT_SiteConfig.pm.
>    You can see the current (and probably default) setting at /Admin/Tools/Configuration.html. You
>    will probably have the default one in RTIR_Config.pm that you can copy into RTIR_SiteConfig.pm
>    where you can then modify it.
>    The point of this is to map statuses between queues. The status "new" in Incident Reports
>    would probably map to "new" in "Incident Reports - ORG" but they have to be explicitly mapped
>    out.
>    I found it quite confusing personally but got through it. Here's some documentation on it:
>    http://bestpractical.com/docs/rt/4.0.13/customizing/lifecycles.html

Why are you defining a mapping between the IR queue and one of the
Constituency queues for IR?  Incident Reports - ORG is a queue used
only for rights management (it allows RTIR to separate rights for
DutyTeam  ORG from those in the DutyTeam or those in another
DutyTeam).

This is explained at the end of this section of the docs the user
referred to:
http://bestpractical.com/docs/rtir/3.0/Constituencies.html#Constituency-Values

If you're actually moving tickets into the Constituency queues that
a) sounds like a bug in either rights or something else that you're
  even offered the option.
b) breaks every saved search in RTIR that tries to do things like show
  you the relevant IRs.
c) (really b part 2) would cause Incidents to no longer list the IR
  because it isn't in the IR queue.

I assume you've done something like add new searches for specific
subqueues, but that's not how constituencies were designed, and I
don't see how the RTIR -> Incident Reports menu (which links to a
search) would work with your changes.

As an aside, if you were going to move IRs between two IR queues, why
wouldn't you just give them both the incident_reports lifecycle so you
don't lose proper statuses and actions? That seems much less fraught
than mapping into a Lifecycle with more statuses.

So - again - why do you need a mapping between Incident Reports and
Incident Reports $constituency ?

-kevin