[Rtir] Queues - There is no mapping for statuses between these queues.

Christophe Vandeplas christophe at vandeplas.com
Fri Sep 6 05:24:45 EDT 2013

Thank you Kevin and Landon for the reply !

After fiddling a little bit more ... woohoo, now I get it...

To explain what I'm tried to do:
- I have multiple constituencies  ( FOO, BAR, ... )
- Each member of the constituency/duty team should be able to see ALL
the tickets about his/her constituency (so not only tickets linked to
the specific user) but NONE of the other tickets
- A member of the main Duty Team should see all the tickets

I tried to follow this guide:
http://bestpractical.com/docs/rtir/3.0/Constituencies.html#Managing-Constituency-Values
However some things were not really clear to me.

Kevin,
Would you be able to update the Constituencies.html documentation a
little bit to make it clear that the newly created Queues are there
only for technical reasons, and are NOT meant to be used directly
reasons?

In the end I found the correct way to do this:
- install the software
- for "advanced permissions constituencies" : ./add_constituency
--name FOO    for each constituency
- for "normal constituencies" : use the webinterface
For users:
- for external-constituencies users , create user, set "Let this user
be granted rights (Privileged)", put him in the "DutyTeam - FOO"
- for internal users , create user,  set "Let this user be granted
rights (Privileged)", put him in the "DutyTeam"

Downsides:
- everyone sees the statistics of the queues statuses in the "Quick
search home screen"  (number of new, open tickets)
- administrator user sees the newly created queues, however these
queues are NOT functionally needed by the operator. (normal user
doesn't see these queues)

Do NOT try:
- move the ticket to the "Incident Reports - FOO", "Investigations - FOO" queues

Greets
Christophe