[Rtir] no charts available in request tracker installed from source

marek.kreul at lhsystems.com marek.kreul at lhsystems.com
Wed Oct 15 10:47:36 EDT 2014

Hi list,

I've installed requesttracker 4.2.8 on Ubuntu 14.04, using the tar.gz provided on bestpractical.com.
My configure line was the following:

    # RT was configured with:
    #
    #   $ ./configure --enable-graphviz --enable-gd --enable-gpg --enable-smime --with-db-rt-pass=secret --with-web-user=www-data --with-web-group=www-data
    #
Dependency-check doesn't report any missing deps.

I understand that the charts are created using gd, while e.g. connections between tickets are drawn using graphviz.

I've the following GD packages installed:
dpkg -l |grep gd
ii  libgd-dev:amd64                     2.1.0-3                         amd64        GD Graphics Library (development version)
ii  libgd-gd2-perl                      1:2.46-3.1build1                amd64        Perl module wrapper for libgd - gd2 variant
ii  libgd-graph-perl                    1.44-6                          all          Graph Plotting Module for Perl 5
ii  libgd-text-perl                     0.86-8                          all          Text utilities for use with GD
ii  libgd3:amd64                        2.1.0-3                         amd64        GD Graphics Library
ii  libgdbm3:amd64                      1.8.3-12build1                  amd64        GNU dbm database routines (runtime version)
ii  python3-gdbm:amd64                  3.4.0-0ubuntu1                  amd64        GNU dbm database support for Python 3.x

When I access RT in a browser to display charts, the browser only shows an icon where the graph should be, looking like a broken graphic.
Neither the rt log in debug mode nor  the apache logfiles contain any error or warning concerning this issue, so I'm completely lost now.

What can I do to track  down the reason for the missing graph feature?

Thanks,
Marek

Sitz der Gesellschaft / Corporate Headquarters: Lufthansa Systems Aktiengesellschaft, Kelsterbach, Registereintragung / Registration: Amtsgericht Darmstadt 84307
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats / Chairperson of the Supervisory Board: Simone Menne
Vorstand / Executive Board: Stefan Hansen (Vorsitzender / Chairman), Dr. Gunter Kuechler