[svk-users] 'detaching' a single directory

Adrian Simmons adrinux at perlucida.com
Mon Nov 19 04:48:55 EST 2007

Hello,

I have a project - a web site as it happens - and I'd like to remove a
subdirectory (/files) from version control.

The obvious solution that springs to mind is:
cp files files-backup
svk rm files
svk commit -m"removed files from version control"
mv files-backup files

But is there a more elegant way?
Something like:
svk detach files

Basically, I know detach will work on a whole working copy, but can it work
on only a part of that working copy?

I'm pondering because I'll need to do this on a live server, so moving the
files aside, however briefly, is not so attractive :)

--
Adrian Simmons (aka adrinux) <http://perlucida.com>
e-mail <mailto:adrinux at perlucida.com>