[svk-users] SVK mirror sync problem - quoted spaces in url

Fabian Walk f.walk at maul-theet.de
Tue Apr 1 18:03:21 EDT 2008

Werner schrieb:
>> $ svk sync //mirror/BK
>> Retrieving log information from 1 to 2069
>> Bus error
>> $ Died at
>> /opt/local/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/SVK/Mirror/Backend/SVNRaPipe.pm
>> line 202.
>
> It seems you have a different issue.  You may try to sync part of the
> repo to see which change cause the problem.

Some projects in the repository start not at revision 1 when I try to
sync a sub project from the repository that not start with revision 1
the above mention error take place.

If I try to "sync -s 1648" for the start revision of the project than
the revisions are committed but no data are shown in the repository.

Is it possible that the "sync -s" option worked not correct I get the
following information when I use the -s option:

$ svk sync -s 1648 //mirror/BK/Applications/Subversion

svk is now taking a snapshot of the repository at:
   http://svn.maul-theet.de/Bruel%20and%20Kjaer/Applications/Subversion

This is essentially making a checkout of the url, and is bad if the
url contains directories like trunk and branches.  If this isn't what
you mean, please hit ^C.

When I take a look with

$ svk ls //mirror/BK/Applications/Subversion

than no data are listen after a sync with the -s option. I started with
a clean svk repository so that no old data disturbed the process.