[svk-users] mirroring several similar repositories

Geoffrey Irving irving at naml.us
Fri Apr 25 12:14:15 EDT 2008

I have a 20GB svn repository, and want to start using it in a
distributed manner.
There are at least three different machines that I work on.  I would
like to be able
to push changes that I make on any one of these machines to any other machine,
and in either direction.

In the svk world, this would seem to require that on each machine, the depot
contains a mirror of every other machine in order to be able to do local merges.
Is there any way to avoid the storage space blowup that will occur if
I simply do

    ssh machine-a
    svk mirror svn+ssh//machine-b/... //mirrors/machine-b
    svk mirror svn+ssh//machine-c/... //mirrors/machine-c
    ....?

Conceptually, I should be able to set this up using only slightly more than 20GB
for the depots on each machine, since the mirrors are all nearly identical and
(at least at this point, have identical base histories).
Unfortunately, I don't see any
obvious way to set this up with the mirror command.

Thanks,
Geoffrey