[svk-users] Problem with svk sync - can't remove *.txn file

Fabian Walk f.walk at maul-theet.de
Wed Apr 23 04:35:31 EDT 2008

Hello,

has somebody find out a solution for the syncing problem on Windows with
the following error message:

$ svk sync //mirror/MT
Syncing http://svn.maul-theet.de/Maul-Theet/Applications
Retrieving log information from 1821 to 2146
Committed revision 265 from revision 1821.
Committed revision 266 from revision 1822.
The directory is not empty.: Can't remove
'D:\User\Fabian\SCM\SVK\local\db\transactions\266-1.txn': The directory
is not empty.

After that error I can start the sync again but the revision is skipped
and the error occurred some revisions later again.

In the mailing list archive I find some similar post but no solution
that works on my system.

At first time I supposed that the TSVNCache.exe process from TortoiseSVN
try to access the SVN files system at sync time. So I put the SVK root
path to the "Exclude paths" list in the TortoiseSVN settings. But that
not solve the problem.

When I take a look after the error message into the mention directory
266-1.txn. The directory is empty. The interesting point is why svk
can't remove the directory and continue syncing.

I run svk version v2.0.2 with Subversion bindings 1.4.4 on Windows XP
with NTFS file system.

Best regards
Fabian Walk