[svk-users] SVK mirror sync problem - quoted spaces in url

Fabian Walk f.walk at maul-theet.de
Tue Apr 29 03:51:40 EDT 2008

Hello,

I have now time to test the complete work flow including
  - syncing
  - copy to local depot
  - creating a working copy
  - commit the changes
  - push the changes back to the mirrored repository

While this test I find out that the svk command push and smerge
generates also the Bad URL passed to RA layer error. Maybe the URL
quoting patch must also added to that sub routines.

It would be great if one of the developers can take a look, because I'm
not so familiar with the svk source code.

Attached the output of the push and smerge command:

$ D:\User\Fabian\SCM\workdir>svk push
Auto-merging (0, 12) /local/BK/Applications/Subversion/trunk to
/mirror/BK/Applications/Subversion/trunk (base
/mirror/BK/Applications/Subversion/trunk:6).
===> Auto-merging (0, 11) /local/BK/Applications/Subversion/trunk to
/mirror/BK/
Applications/Subversion/trunk (base
/mirror/BK/Applications/Subversion/trunk:6).

Merging back to mirror source http://svn.maul-theet.de/Bruel and Kjaer.
Bad URL passed to RA layer: Malformed URL for repository

$ D:\User\Fabian\SCM\workdir>svk smerge
//local/BK/Applications/Subversion/trunk
//mirror/BK/Applications/Subversion/trunk
Auto-merging (0, 12) /local/BK/Applications/Subversion/trunk to
/mirror/BK/Applications/Subversion/trunk
(base/mirror/BK/Applications/Subversion/trunk:6).
Waiting for editor...
Merging back to mirror source http://svn.maul-theet.de/Bruel and Kjaer.
Commit message saved in svk-commitCdmnW.tmp.
Bad URL passed to RA layer: Malformed URL for repository

Thanks,
Fabian Walk