[svk-users] push /pull problem

David Morton mortonda at dgrmm.net
Tue Apr 29 23:25:04 EDT 2008

On Apr 28, 2008, at 9:19 AM, Jesse Vincent wrote:

> On Apr 12, 2008, at 7:52 PM, David Morton wrote:
>>
>> I have mirrored a remote repo, and then checked out a branch from the
>> mirror:
>>
>> #svk info
>> Checkout Path: /Users/dgm/workspace/maia-svk-1.0
>> Depot Path: //mirrors/maia/branches/1.0

> Likely, you want to
>
> svk cp //mirrors/maia/branches/1.0 //local/maia-1.0

Oh heck, I think I figured it out, and David Kaufman, this may help
you out too.

My depot path above is wrong.  I actually did the right thing for my
trunk working copy, but not for the branch.

I looked at my trunk checkout which is woring right, and found:

Checkout Path: /Users/dgm/workspace/maia-svk-trunk
Depot Path: //local/maia/trunk

There's the difference. :)

What I did when I first started this was right:

svk cp //mirrors/maia //local/maia

That copies everything, all branches and trunk.

Then when I worked on the trunk, I:

svk co //local/maia/trunk maia-trunk

But later when I needed to work on the branch, I *incorrectly* did:

svk co //mirrors/maia/branches/1.0 maia-1.0

When I should have:

svk co //local/maia/branches/1.0 maia-1.0

I just tried the latter, and the pull did the right thing.   Just a
typo of "mirrors" when it should have been "local".

David Morton
Maia Mailguard http://www.maiamailguard.com
mortonda at dgrmm.net