[svk-users] SVK still alive?

Chisel Wright chisel at herlpacker.co.uk
Mon Aug 18 07:44:11 EDT 2008

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 12:57:57PM +0200, Marko Käning wrote:
> looking at the very low traffic on this list (compared to Mercurial's,
> Git's, SVN's) I wonder whether SVK is still alive OR alternatively simply
> *works* without big trouble...

There's the 2.2 release just around the corner, so it's definitely still
alive.

I find that svk Just Works - I only tend to pop my head above the
parapet on this list when I run into trouble ... which is hardly ever.

> There was a poll lately concerning used DVCSes and SVK did not evn appear
> there at all, so I am afraid SVK is declining... :(

Surely all that means is the poll author didn't do their research
properly before creating it.

I don't think missing one poll counts as declining.

If you have any quantitative evidence, I'm sure we'd all be interested.
Maybe even a link to the poll?

Chisel
--
Chisel Wright
e: chisel at herlpacker.co.uk
w: http://www.herlpacker.co.uk/

  I wrote a todo list; Now I can procrastinate more efficiently!