[svk-users] Is svk a real production option?

Chisel Wright chisel at herlpacker.co.uk
Fri Feb 1 07:25:10 EST 2008

We've been using svk at $orkplace for a number of months (integer,
greater than six) with very few problems at all.

Mostly issues are user created rather than real problems with svk
itself, and usually resolved by removing a few lines from .svk/config
and syncing again.

Personally I'm using 1.08 (still) at work - because we hit performance
issues with early 2.0.x releases on large deletes. I've not had the
tuits to test if this has been resolved or not.

The benefits far outweigh the minor issues; smerge on its own is a
reason to use svk over svn in my opinion.
--
Chisel Wright
e: chisel at herlpacker.co.uk
w: http://www.herlpacker.co.uk/

         VP: I just completed sexual harassment training!
             Who's gonna be my first victim?
  Assistant: Me!