[svk-users] Is svk a real production option?

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Fri Feb 1 13:59:08 EST 2008

Chris,

You're 100% right that the community around svk isn't as active as it
should be and that the docs aren't where they need to be.  We've been
working to fix things though the state of the world isn't where I'd like
it to be yet.

In terms of "if it breaks in production" I'd be remiss in my
business-side duties if I didn't take a moment to pimp the fact that BPS
offers support for SVK.  While all the improvements we make to SVK
continue to be opensource (and I'm really excited about the new "svk
branch" support in the 2.2 betas), we do offer the standard 'you give us
money and we fix it if it breaks' thing as well.

Best,
Jesse