[svk-users] pull / sync mirror via sneakernet

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Fri Feb 8 16:24:21 EST 2008

On Tue, Feb 05, 2008 at 09:39:33PM -0500, Andrew Sasak wrote:
> Warning, I'm extremely new to SVK, but am quite familiar with SVN. I
> have a machine that cannot be networked and from which no data can be
> downloaded to media, etc. Is there any way I can setup a depot on it
> which can be updated by moving only the new revisions to it.

What if you use a tool to do a full mirror of your "remote" svn repo to a
file you can burn to media. On your 'secure' server, you can 'mirror'
from that file:/// based svn repo.  When you want to import from the
outside world, just remirror and reburn and replace the media on your
secure server with the updated copy of the remote repo and "svk sync"

Does that work for you?