[svk-users] Trouble getting set up on Win32

Chris Weisel chris.weisel at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 11:22:42 EST 2008

XP SP2.
Regarding Perl, I didn't have any Perl installed, but the installer
documentation on the wiki includes this note:

# Built using Strawberry Perl against svn 1.4.4. Approximately 8.2MB.

    * Note -- this was built with (and bundles) Strawberry Perl 5.8.8 Alpha
2. If you install the new Strawbery Perl 5.10.0, you can get weird
situations where the SVK perl executable is run instead of the Strawberry
Perl one. (DLL hell?) For me, the answer was renaming the perl.exe in
C:\Program Files\SVK\bin to svkperl.exe and changing references to
perl.exein c:\Program Files\SVK\svk.bat to match. I also deleted the
PATH
manipulation in svk.bat.

So, I guess I have Strawberry Perl 5.8.8 Alpha 2.  I don't have any perl
entries on the path, but I found a perl.exe inside C:\Program Files\SVK\bin
(I have C:\Program Files\SVK\ on the path).  Should I add the bin folder to
the path?