[svk-users] TortoiseSVN destroys mirror...

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Sun Jul 6 16:53:23 EDT 2008

On Jun 25, 2008, at 8:29 AM, Marko Kaening wrote:

> I had a repo mirrored on my wxp console.
>
> Then I committed to the mirrored repo DIRECTLY via TortoiseSVN.
>
> After the commit "svk sync //mirror" would not work anymore.
>
> Turned out that "svk mirror -l" doesn't list //mirror anymore.
>
> Looks like the commit via TSVN destroyed the //mirror...
>
> A try to reassign the mirror fails with the message that /mirror
> exists
> already. But as noted above, it is NOT listed anymore...

Basically, committing directly to a mirrored path destroys the svk
mirror "magic" -- What you've done is to make a change to your local
clone of the mirrored path. Such that it no longer is an exact replica
of the mirror.  I've just gone and created a bug in our internal bug
tracker to get svk to automatically create a "pre-commit" hook to stop
others from experiencing this pain in the future.

> _______________________
>

> So, I guess, it is not wise to DIRECTLY work on the MIRROR of a repo
> and I
> should only try such a thing with local copies of a mirror.
>

> But even that does not seem to work:
>
> (Although I did state-of-the-art mirror and local dirs) it turned
> out that
> the via TSVN committed version 12 did somehow lead to no difference:
> ---
> H:\>svk push //local/svntest
> Auto-merging (0, 12) /local/svntest to /mirror/svntest (base /mirror/
> svntest:10)
> .
> ===> Auto-merging (0, 12) /local/svntest to /mirror/svntest (base
> /mirror/svntest:10).
> Merging back to mirror source
> svn+ssh://kaening_mch-rlspc2@flmpc21/home/kaening/svntest.
> Empty merge.
> ---
> Why is that?
>
> The original working copy I was working on clearly was changed on
> commit.

If you do an svk log //local  , do you see your commits from tsvn?

-jesse