[svk-users] svk performance issue

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Sun Jul 6 16:39:32 EDT 2008

On Jul 3, 2008, at 6:13 AM, Fabien.Bouleau at ses-engineering.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I sometimes experience performance issues with svk when performing
> "big
> commits" (around 1700 files). Note that I am using a IBM Thinkpad
> T43 and
> it may sometimes take more than 10 minutes.

You haven't told us what version of SVK you're using, what version of
subversion, what version of Perl and whether you're committing to a
mirrored path or a local branch directly.

> Far away from me the idea to start a "which language is the best"
> battle,
> but I have a technical question: why did you choose perl to write svk?

I'm not CL, so I can't speak for CL, but for me, Perl is fast,
flexible, has a fantastic
global community and repository of user-contributed free libraries.

But yeah, advocacy one way or another is really best reserved for a
pub or bar ;)

Best,
Jesse