[svk-users] off line commits do not work

Mark Lundquist lundquist.mark at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 18:54:56 EDT 2008

On Jul 26, 2008, at 1:14 PM, svk_lists at gorelik.net wrote:

> Am I missing something?

Hard to say, but offline commits definitely do work in SVK :-)...

> I have created a local mirror of an SVN repository, disconnected from
> the net, checked out the latest revision, made some modifications and
> executed
>
> []$ svk commit  src/filename
>
> I expected to see the modified file committed to the repository.

To be clear: committed to the mirror, i.e. the depot repository...
right?

So... was it committed?

> Later

(after re-connecting to the net),

> I wanted to sync the local mirror with the remote repo. However,

...when you issued... what command?  "svk push"?

> the
> following message was displayed:
>
> Waiting for editor...
>  <input the checking comment>
>

> Commit into mirrored path: merging back directly.
> Merging back to mirror source http://SITE.com/svn/PROJ.
> RA layer request failed: OPTIONS request failed on
> '/svn/PROJ/trunk/src': OPTIONS of '/svn/PROJ/trunk/src': Could not
> resolve hostname `SITE.com': Temporary failure in name resolution
> (http://SITE.com)

Okay, so maybe there really was a failure resolving the name
"SITE.com" :-), so you tried "dig" or "host" on "SITE.com", and...
what happened?  What about with ping or a browser?

cheers,
—ml—