[svk-users] SVK 2 on Debian testing 'lenny'

Adrian Simmons adrinux at perlucida.com
Thu Jun 19 05:28:16 EDT 2008

Jesse Vincent wrote:
> In the meantime, you could install svk from sid and install a single
> package from CPAN which should address most of the issues you could
> run into:
>
> http://search.cpan.org/~clkao/PerlIO-via-dynamic-0.13/ works around
> the one crashing bug which we know about from Perl 5.10.0.
Thanks for the tip, I may yet have to do that...what svk feature/command
triggers the crash?

Can't see anything obvious on the bug tracker:
http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Dist/Display.html?Name=SVK

> You may also have luck with this binary distribution of svk for linux
I untarred that in /usr/local and symlinked svk from /usr/local/bin but I
get an error:
svk --version

perl: symbol lookup error:
/usr/local/svk-v2.0.2/perl/auto/List/Util/Util.so: undefined symbol:
Perl_Tstack_sp_ptr

*But* that did remind me that this was a recently installed system, never
had svk installed before and thus none of the dependencies. So I installed
all the dependencies the sid package needs and tried to compile svk from
source again (one of the first things I did).

This time I was successful, and have just done update, commit and pulled to
a mirror without problems. If smerge works I'm sorted :)

--
Adrian Simmons (aka adrinux) <http://perlucida.com>
e-mail <mailto:adrinux at perlucida.com>