[svk-users] SVK mirror sync problem - quoted spaces in url

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Sat Mar 29 23:22:25 EDT 2008

On Mar 28, 2008, at 5:08 AM, Fabian Walk wrote:
> Hello SVK Users,
>
> I use svk version 2.0.2 on Windows XP with the included Subversion
> bindings 1.4.4.
>
> When I try to mirror a existing Subversion repository and the URL
> includes spaces
> that I have quoted URL conform with %20 than the sync finished
> without any data
> transferred from the remote Subversion repository.
>
> My depotmap look like that:
> D:\User\Fabian\SCM>svk depot -l
> Depot                   Path
> //                      D:\User\Fabian\SCM\SVK\local
> /local/                 D:\User\Fabian\SCM\SVK\local
> /mirror/                D:\User\Fabian\SCM\SVK\mirror

That's actually atypical. Since you can't easily merge across depots,
the standard convention is to have // be a deopt and
to mirror to //mirror/foo and make local branches in //local/foo

> And my mirror list is the following:
> D:\User\Fabian\SCM>svk mi -l
> Path                 Source
> /mirror/BK           http://svn.maul-theet.de/Bruel%20and%20Kjaer
> /mirror/Maul-Theet   http://svn.maul-theet.de/Maul-Theet
>
> Both mirrors are in the local company network and for the second
> without
> spaces in the URL all work fine.
>
> The output of the sync command:
> D:\User\Fabian\SCM>svk sync -s HEAD  /mirror/BK

If you start from scratch and

svk mirror http://svn.maul-theet.de/Bruel%20and%20Kjaer //mirror/BK
svk sync //mirror/BK (without the -s HEAD)

what happens?