[svk-users] SVK mirror sync problem - quoted spaces in url

Fabian Walk f.walk at maul-theet.de
Mon Mar 31 05:15:30 EDT 2008

Jesse Vincent schrieb:

> On Mar 28, 2008, at 5:08 AM, Fabian Walk wrote:
>> Hello SVK Users,
>>
>> I use svk version 2.0.2 on Windows XP with the included Subversion
>> bindings 1.4.4.
>>
>> When I try to mirror a existing Subversion repository and the URL
>> includes spaces
>> that I have quoted URL conform with %20 than the sync finished without
>> any data
>> transferred from the remote Subversion repository.
>>
>> My depotmap look like that:
>> D:\User\Fabian\SCM>svk depot -l
>> Depot                   Path
>> //                      D:\User\Fabian\SCM\SVK\local
>> /local/                 D:\User\Fabian\SCM\SVK\local
>> /mirror/                D:\User\Fabian\SCM\SVK\mirror
>
> That's actually atypical. Since you can't easily merge across depots,
> the standard convention is to have // be a deopt and
> to mirror to //mirror/foo and make local branches in //local/foo

Thanks for the tip I correct the depot structure. Now I use only the
default depotmap and create for local and mirror a directory.

> [...]
> If you start from scratch and
>
> svk mirror http://svn.maul-theet.de/Bruel%20and%20Kjaer //mirror/BK
> svk sync //mirror/BK (without the -s HEAD)
>
> what happens?

Without the -s HEAD and started from scratch only using the default
depotmap. The syncing process is starting run a short time and end up in
a Perl.exe crash. The //mirror/BK directory is created but contains no
data.

After the crash the mirror is locked and I have to unlock it with:
svk mirror --unlock //mirror/BK

When I take a look on the network traffic via Wireshark a packet
sniffer. I can see that data is transferred from the svn server. The
perl crash seems to happen after the log info is transferred and the
real data is submitted. Some files in our repository are large up to
50MB can that the root of the problem?