[svk-users] merging a local svn move operation between svk mirror and branch fails

Alexander Dahl post at lespocky.de
Thu Nov 6 11:55:49 EST 2008

Hi there,

I'm using svk v2.0.2 on Windows XP for a few months now and I'm quite
happy with it. I use svk to work at home with a svn repo I only can
access from my work place and have therefor mirrored this in my svk
depot. I created a local branch of the mirror in the svk depot and work
on this branch as recommend. Usually I do `svk pull` in my working copy
before leaving the work place, work on this and do a `svk push` when I
can connect to the svn repo again. So far so good but today I ran into a
problem I can't solve. :(

The last changeset in the svn was a local move in the svn working copy
and some changes before commit. `svn log -l 1 --verbose` shows this:

r617 | dahl | 2008-11-06 17:21:56 +0100 (Do, 06. Nov 2008) | 1 line
Geänderte Pfade:
   D /mrz/kmp/evaluation/direct_impact.m
   A /mrz/kmp/functions/prepareevaluation.m (von
/mrz/kmp/evaluation/direct_impact.m:616)

moved first evaluation script (direct_impact.m) to a new function for
sourcing out recurring calculations

Mirroring this to the svk repo with `svk sync --all` was no problem. The
log shows this (svk log -l 1 --verbose //):

r1451 (orig r617):  dahl | 2008-11-06 17:21:56 +0100
Changed paths:
  D  /mirrors/iff/mri/mrz/kmp/evaluation/direct_impact.m
  M  /mirrors/iff/mri/mrz/kmp/functions/prepareevaluation.m
(from /mirrors/iff/mri/mrz/kmp/evaluation/direct_impact.m:1449)

moved first evaluation script (direct_impact.m) to a new function for
sourcing out recurring calculations

Slightly different but seems that this has worked. A `svk pull` in my
working copy leads to:

{{{
Syncing https://example.com/mri_svn
Auto-merging (1449, 1451) /mirrors/iff/mri/mrz to /branches/iff-mri
(base /mirrors/iff/mri/mrz:1449).
D   kraftmessplattform/evaluation/direct_impact.m
Filesystem has no item: File not found: transaction '1451-6', path
'/branches/iff-mri/kmp/evaluation/direct_impact.m'
}}}

I tried to do the smerge of the pull operation manually from the mirror
in my depot to the branch im my depot. This runs without error as long
as I provide the -C option but if I omit it to actually do the merge,
the error is the same as above. Seems like he deletes first and is not
able to add anymore afterwards.

So how can I solve this to work further on this data? Is there a
workaround to complete the merge?

Greets
Alex

--
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase