[HTTP-Recorder] HTTP::Recorder OK! Question about Javascript, though...

Roland Giersig RGiersig at cpan.org
Tue Jun 15 08:17:47 EDT 2004

HTTP::Recorder will record all traffic between client and server, so
even sites that make heavy use of JavaScript for user navigation should
be recordable.  The only thing that can cause problems is if a form is
submitted via JavaScript instead of the <Form> tag, as the JavaScript
URL won't have the extra parameters attached.  From what I see from the
code, HTTP::Recorder does its best and logs it with GotoPage instead of
FollowLink, so it isn't as fault-tolerant upon replay as the regular links.

How did you test this?  Note that a whole website (eg a webshop) could
be implemented in only one JavaScript page, but the important thing for
replay is: at some time the JavaScript has to send (POST) the data
entered by the user to the server, and this will be recorded by
HTTP::Recorder...

Hope this helps,

Roland