[HTTP-Recorder] Problem with https recording

Lew E. Lefton llefton at math.gatech.edu
Fri Sep 9 12:18:06 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm having a problem recording https pages.
The Recorder and Proxy are launched from this script:
#!/usr/bin/perl
use strict;
use warnings;
use HTTP::Proxy;
use HTTP::Recorder;

my $proxy = HTTP::Proxy->new( port => 3333 );
# create a new HTTP::Recorder object
my $agent = new HTTP::Recorder;
#  set the log file
$agent->file("/tmp/mechanize_log");
#  set HTTP::Recorder as the agent for the proxy
$proxy->agent($agent);
#start the proxy
$proxy->start();

1;

Then I launch my browser (I tried firefox, opera and konqueror)
with all traffic going to the proxy localhost on port 3333.

The http://http-recorder/ url comes up fine and I enter a secure site
URL (say https://www.math.gatech.edu ) into the "Goto page" box.  The
log shows the secure site as an $agent->get action but then no other
traffic is recorded while interacting with the site.

Is this just a limitation of the HTTP::Recorder module or am I doing
something incorrectly?

Thanks!

Lew Lefton