[rt-devel] Date::Kronos

ivan ivan-rt-devel at 420.am
Sat Aug 12 16:17:20 EDT 2000

On Sat, Aug 12, 2000 at 03:53:47PM -0400, Jesse wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 12, 2000 at 11:41:21AM -0700, ivan wrote:
> > On Sat, Aug 12, 2000 at 10:55:20AM -0400, Jesse wrote:
> > > What version of the sources are you working from? I belive Tobias' fork still
> > > uses Kronos.
> >
> > This is the first I've heard that DBIx stuff was kept in a separate module
> > in CVS.
> >

> Ack. sorry. It's something that had come up on the lists but not been

I've been on -devel for at least a month and there hasn't been anything
to that effect.

> recorded on the website. http://www.fsck.com/projects/rt/cvs.html has been
> fixed. Thanks for the heads up.
>

> > Anything else undocumented that I should know, before I waste even more
> > time?
> >

> Off the top of my head, I can't think of anything. AFAIK, DBIx::EasySearch and
> company are the only non-cpan requirement.  And getting them into CPAN needs
> to happen really soon now. It's something I'd been looking at last week before
> I got distracted by other non-rt stuff.

I can upload them if you like, but it seems like they'd be more
appropriate under your CPAN ID.

The whole idea of an interface ontop of DBI that lets you use Perl or
Perl-like syntax to construct SQL queries is something I'm super
interested in.  Compare to:

- Tie::DBI
- Adapter::DBI from Ch.11 of _Advanced Perl Programming_
- FS::Record from Freeside <http://www.sisd.com/freeside/docs/man/FS/Record.html>
- DBIx::Recordset

None of which have quite got it yet, but they all feel close in one way or
another.

Aah, well.  No time now.  "After burning man".

--
meow
_ivan