[rt-devel] Date::Kronos

Jesse jesse at fsck.com
Sat Aug 12 16:35:00 EDT 2000

On Sat, Aug 12, 2000 at 01:17:20PM -0700, ivan wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 12, 2000 at 03:53:47PM -0400, Jesse wrote:
> >

> I've been on -devel for at least a month and there hasn't been anything
> to that effect.

It came up on devel a long time ago and comes up on -commit whenever
things get checked in ;) Actually. wait. are you on -commit? Mail comes
through with cvs rdiff lines for each update. Shit. I bet this is
another case of "web not keeping up with reality." I'll fix it after I
get some breakfast

> I can upload them if you like, but it seems like they'd be more
> appropriate under your CPAN ID.

If I haven't made the moves to start getting a CPAN id by the time
you get back from burning man, I give you permission to publically mock
me ;)

> The whole idea of an interface ontop of DBI that lets you use Perl or
> Perl-like syntax to construct SQL queries is something I'm super
> interested in.  Compare to:
>
> - Tie::DBI
> - Adapter::DBI from Ch.11 of _Advanced Perl Programming_
> - FS::Record from Freeside <http://www.sisd.com/freeside/docs/man/FS/Record.html>
> - DBIx::Recordset
>
> None of which have quite got it yet, but they all feel close in one way or
> another.

Yeah. none of them quite fill the niche I was looking for when I started to
hack on EasySearch and co.

Minor side-issue: Before CPANing the DBIx stuff I'm working on, I'm thinking
of condensing it to DBIx::EasySearch, DBIx::EasySearch::Record and DBIx::EasySearch::Handle since the three really go together.  It should only require 2 or 3 lines of change to the one application that I know is using them so far and will
probably be an ease-of-use win down the line.

> Aah, well.  No time now.  "After burning man".

Have a great time! Tell jd & lamont & co that I say hi.
        -j

jesse reed vincent --- root at eruditorum.org --- jesse at fsck.com
pgp keyprint: 50 41 9C 03 D0 BC BC C8 2C B9 77 26 6F E1 EB 91