[rt-devel] Errors with perl 5.6

Tobias Brox tobiasb at tobiasb.funcom.com
Fri Jun 9 03:43:41 EDT 2000

> I'm using perl 5.6 w/mod_perl 1.24 and apache 1.3.12, and apache actually
> segfaults when I load up the WebRT page. Pretty sexy, I don't think I've
> ever seen apache sig11 before.

It always does with mod_perl.  It might be something wrong with webmux.pl.
Try checking the logs (including the RT log).

> [Thu Jun  8 14:28:12 2000] [error] Apache->exit called without setting
> Apache->request! at /usr/local/rt2/etc/config.pm line 238.

In my config.pm, line 238 is inside the die sub.  It should write some
logs to the rtlog.  The rtlog is either !!RT_LOGFILE!! or whatever you set
up in the Makefile - dependent on how new your version of RT2 is (did you
pick it up from the CVS?) :)

> It's all very annoying. :) Anyone else running with perl 5.6, or has
> anyone else seen apache segfault? I reallllly don't want to have to sift
> through an apache coredump.

I'm running perl 5.6.0 - troubles all the way.  I'd recommend anyone to
wait for 5.6.1.  I also skipped mod_perl, I didn't like the Apache to
coredump :)

--
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are
 cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."