[rt-devel] Errors with perl 5.6

Blue blue at calico.gator.net
Fri Jun 9 11:03:25 EDT 2000

On Fri, 9 Jun 2000, Tobias Brox wrote:

> > I'm using perl 5.6 w/mod_perl 1.24 and apache 1.3.12, and apache actually
> > segfaults when I load up the WebRT page. Pretty sexy, I don't think I've
> > ever seen apache sig11 before.
>
> It always does with mod_perl.  It might be something wrong with webmux.pl.
> Try checking the logs (including the RT log).

will do.. actually, anything i serve w/mod_perl enabled seems to crash
it, now.. whudda pain in the ass! i just recompiled everything with large
file support, etc, etc, and sent a stack trace to the mod_peril :)
kids.. mebbe they'll work some funky magic on it.

> > [Thu Jun  8 14:28:12 2000] [error] Apache->exit called without setting
> > Apache->request! at /usr/local/rt2/etc/config.pm line 238.
>
> In my config.pm, line 238 is inside the die sub.  It should write some
> logs to the rtlog.  The rtlog is either !!RT_LOGFILE!! or whatever you set
> up in the Makefile - dependent on how new your version of RT2 is (did you
> pick it up from the CVS?) :)

yes, and, that's where it is in mine, too.. it's the call to exit().. did
you mean for that to be Apache::exit() or perl::exit? if you load it under
mod_peril, it assumes Apache::exit().

> > It's all very annoying. :) Anyone else running with perl 5.6, or has
> > anyone else seen apache segfault? I reallllly don't want to have to sift
> > through an apache coredump.
>
> I'm running perl 5.6.0 - troubles all the way.  I'd recommend anyone to
> wait for 5.6.1.  I also skipped mod_perl, I didn't like the Apache to
> coredump :)

heh.. darnit.. i guess i just need to downlevel this entire
environment.. all of the rt2 web pages just come up showing code instead
of parsing the HTML..

--
        Blue Lang                              Unix Systems Admin
        QSP, Inc., 3200 Atlantic Ave, Ste 100, Raleigh, NC, 27604