[rt-devel] Re: [rt-users] Some features I'd like to see

Charlie Brady charlieb at aurema.com
Thu Mar 16 18:34:49 EST 2000

[Redirected to rt-devel.]

On Thu, 16 Mar 2000, Wozz wrote:

>   I've been very happy with RT.  I have a few suggestions for features which
>   I am posting  here in order to find out if they are already being worked
>   on, or if there is already a way to do it.
>
>   #1) Keystone has a nice feature that allows you to automatically mail
>   different FAQ responses out to a customer.  I find myself typing the same
>   faq database to send via a button.
>   #2) signatures for users.  I'd like to be able to specify signature files
>   for users on outgoing mail, again, to save some repetitive typing

I remember someone posting patches to add signtaures.

>   #3) masking outgoing mail To: addresses.  We're using RT to manage
>   security/abuse complaints for an ISP.  We often times will get 30
>   complaints about a user spamming.  What I typically do with these
>   complaints is merge them into one ticket.  I'd love to be able to send out
>   one reply when the situation is resolved and not have all the complaintants
>   email addresses be in the To: line.  People get sensitive about that.

Quite rightly too.

I patched our local server to send mail using the smtpsend method of
Net::Mail (not sure of those details, but you'll get the picture). The
recipient list then didn't appear in either the To: headers.  I seem to
remember that some others didnt like the idea of using SMTP mail (concerns
about availability).

>   see that the mail rcpt info is parsed out by the mailer, but perhaps adding
>   an option to allow specifying the rcpt's outside of the message on the
>   mailer command line, and putting a generic To: address so people don't see
>   all 29 other email addresses.

Yep, that would be another way of doing it.

Charlie Brady
Aurema Pty Ltd
 PO Box 305, Strawberry Hills, NSW 2012, Australia
Email:charlieb at aurema.com, Tel: +61 2 9698 2322, Fax: +61 2 9699 9174
  "I think it would be a good idea." Gandhi, on Western Civilisation.