[rt-devel] Reworking subscriptions

Tobias Brox tobiasb at tobiasb.funcom.com
Thu Mar 23 04:20:02 EST 2000

> (...)
> 'NotifyWatchersOnStatus', 'Send mail to watchers whenever a ticket's
> status changes'
> 'NotifyWatchersOnResolve', 'Send mail to watchers whenever a ticket's status changes to resolved. Note that this
> 				requires a special action with extra logic'
(...)
> Watchers will contain entries for which email addresses watch which
> queues and tickets and whethere the watcher in question is a: Requestor,
> Cc or Administrative Cc.  Generally, administrative Ccs will get copies
> of comments added to a ticket and will not be visible to the end user.
> Watchers will be able to toggle mail notification at a per ticket/queue
> (whatever's in the table) level.

It's still a bit diffuse how you're planning to handle watcher
ccs/adm...blah...bccs.  If you're doing it with a special NotifyWatchers
action, then there will be a slight design bug in the scheme above as I
see it.  Except for that, it's good enough.  It can do all the things we
could do in 1.0, and it is more flexible, so it's good enough for 2.0.
For 2.1, we need to let individuals limit their subscription to only some
few scrips.

--
Tobias Brox (alias TobiX) - +4722925871 - _urgent_ emails to
sms at tobiasb.funcom.com.  Check our upcoming MMORPG at