[rt-devel] Re: [rt-users] External Authentication and Users

Jesse jesse at fsck.com
Thu May 4 00:05:36 EDT 2000

One of the reasons that stuff is still in RT2 is that RT2 is designed to keep track of account info for users who may not have accounts in the local passwd file /ldap file /whatver.  We do, however, add an "external id" perfect for doing LDAP lookups against.

jesse reed vincent -- jrvincent at wesleyan.edu -- jesse at fsck.com
pgp keyprint:  50 41 9C 03 D0 BC BC C8 2C B9 77 26 6F E1 EB 91
'"As the company that brought users the Internet, Netscape is now inviting
the more than 60 million people who have used our client software to
'tune up' and upgrade to Netscape Communicator," said Mike Homer,
senior vice president of marketing at Netscape.'  Sometimes I wonder.