[rt-devel] Weird warnings

Tobias Brox tobiasb at tobiasb.funcom.com
Fri May 5 08:45:54 EDT 2000

In RT2, we're pulling in config.pm through a require statement.  config.pm
contains the database login information.  Until now, I did get those
warnings:

Name "RT::DatabaseType" used only once: possible typo at ./rt line 33.
Name "RT::DatabaseHost" used only once: possible typo at ./rt line 29.
Name "RT::DatabaseName" used only once: possible typo at ./rt line 30.
Name "RT::DatabaseUser" used only once: possible typo at ./rt line 31.
Name "RT::DatabasePassword" used only once: possible typo at ./rt line 32.

To solve this, I did this stupid, ugly hack in my own rtmux.pl:

# For some strange reason, my perl version used to bark "used only once"
# warning at those variables.

my @stupid=($RT::DatabaseHost,$RT::DatabaseName,$RT::DatabaseUser,
            $RT::DatabasePassword,$RT::DatabaseType);

Should I put this stupid hack into the official rtmux.pl?  Eventually,
does anybody have a better idea?

--
Tobias Brox
aka TobiX